Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Clichéness, Awkward Lace & Tatas… Hormone Talk & Lipstick Promises

a : lacking social grace and assurance <an awkward newcomer>
Yep, so that’s what awkward is. Yep, I definitely fall into that ‘category’, if you will. I never understood the American use of the word awkward as in, “I was awkwardly standing there.” I cannot understand how someone can stand somewhere in an awkward manner. Anyways, I will be lacking some social grace within this post but hopefully making up for it with a hopeful lipstick promise.

So… Breasts. I recently went to buy new bras. I was aware that my breasts had reduced in size. I am 20 years old, never been pregnant, and am not on any hormone altering medication, nor have I lost any weight. When I was 18 they grew overnight and I had an extremely hard time finding stores that carried my size. I foolishly loathed my breasts instead of loving and accepting myself. After a while I got over my abnormal size. When I went in to get sized a few weeks ago I found out I had lost an entire cup size! I went to Frederick’s of Hollywood and bought the same style I had before… only one cup smaller :(

I was surprisingly sad and dumbfounded at the news! I had finally accepted that it is what I had and I was OK with it. Ah humans. We desire what we don’t have and when we have it we uselessly long for what once was before our desires were granted.

So ladies and gents, this is a cliche message but nevertheless required a lot of courage to spew (it’s not a simple thing… to talk so freely of one’s undergarment fluctuations). Desperately try to appreciate what you do or don’t have at the moment. I don’t mean material possessions nor people around you, not that I am disregarding the importance of others, but be a little self-centered and love yourself. Now that I am 20 years old I have observed my body make small changes here and there from age 16. Some I have eagerly welcomed, other changes… not so much. I’ve tried to adapt a new perspective to the inevitable perpetual changes, I look in the mirror and tell myself… “Enjoy what you got, kid.”

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” – Dr. Seuss

So… now onto appreciate my new size AGAIN. This is made infinitely easier by the lacy design of the comfy flattering bras. I got one in black and nude (essentials).





So I’ve got to ask, can this be an alteration of my hormones? I currently do not have health insurance to go find out! If this has happened to you as well please do dish if you don’t mind!

Here is a photo of a new lipstick I recently purchased and I promise I will be posting about soon! I lerve it so much!


Sources:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment